Departmental Hiring Process
The first step to begin the hiring process is to consult with the Staff Human Resources Employment Services section to discuss employment needs. Then the unit must submit a Hiring Request Form in HireTouch, followed by an Employee Requisition (ER) form. Both forms go to Staff HR's Classification & Salary Administration section first. Upon receiving the approved ER form from Classification & Salary Administration, Employment Services will follow these general steps:
- Evaluate whether job posting is appropriate.
- Determine whether applicants requesting the exam meet the minimum qualifications for the job title.
- Schedule and administer the exam.
- Refer candidates from the employment register for interview, according to Civil Service rules.
- Employing unit conducts interviews and selects the candidate to be hired from among those referred.
- Individual to be hired schedules a New Hire appointment with Staff Human Resources prior to starting work.
- Unit returns information to Employment Services:
- Master Referral(s)
- Interview reports
- HR Front End transaction