Retirement Planning Conference
The Retirement Planning Conference is intended to assist UIUC faculty, staff, and their families in planning for retirement by providing information and access to helpful resources. Retirement planning can never start too soon. Whether you are planning to retire in the next one or five years these sessions will offer information that assists you in preparing for your retirement.
Retirement Planning Conference 2013 – Saturday, March 2, 2013
Venue: iHotel & Conference Center
1900 South First Street, Champaign, IL
Map and Directions
Conference Parking: Free parking is available on the east side of the iHotel.
The Retirement Planning Conference will be held on Saturday, March 2, 2013 at the iHotel & Conference Center. The following topics will be covered during this conference:
- Retirement timeline and steps to complete prior to retiring.
- SURS - Preparing for Retirement for Traditional/Portable Plan participants.
- SURS - Preparing for Retirement for Self-Managed Plan participants.
- How you can protect your retirement benefits presented by the State Universities Annuitants Association UIUC Chapter (SUAA-UIUC).
- Pension Reform Legislation - Governmental Affairs
VENDOR INFORMATION FAIR
You will have the opportunity to talk with campus vendors regarding your retirement options. Some of the vendors include TIAA-CREF and Fidelity Investments.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Register online here.
This conference is offered through a partnership of the Academic and Staff Human Resources offices, University Human Resources and UPB-Benefits Services.
March 2, 2013 RETIREMENT PLANNING CONFERENCE MATERIALS
Conference presentation materials will be available online after the conference.